Friday, March 5, 2010

Welcome to our neighborhood: Metterich, Germany.

Throughout Germany these signs inform you that you are entering a new city/town/village. On the bottom of this sign is the official name of the district for our region: Eifelkreis Bitburg-Prum.

A view of our village and the surrounding area.....


Of course every good village has a local "Sportplatz" for the local soccer team to play. Our club team, FC Metterich, is part of the Eifel soccer league that plays in the division "Kreisliga C3 Eifel". Next home game is April 3rd and you KNOW we will be there to root on the home team!


1 comment:

  1. Jay:

    I am loving this blog. It is both entertaining and educational! That hitch is unbelieveable! I've seen more substantial equipment on my son's Fisher Price train set. I also think I've got something just like it in a shoe box under me and Mags' bed. Knowing you, I'm not at all surprised that you chose to take a picture and put it on your blog.

    Please keep us abreast of FC Mettrich's matches. Man, a local football club--so cool. Can't wait to come and visit. Keep the blogs coming. Can I make a request? I'd like to see some pictures of the primitive roads you travel when you're traveling between villages on pub crawls. Ben

    ReplyDelete